Sunday, December 13, 2009

Symbolic meaning?
Does everything truly have it?
I'm sure complex things do, but some things just don't.
Last night while I was eating my Golden Bowl with Veggies at the Grit (best restaurant existing), I overheard some girls talking. Actually, it was kind of hard not to hear because they were really loud. I swear, they were like a movie babbling on to each other about nothingness. But, then we get to the good part of when one girl starts talking about how when her friend graduated, his graduation symbolized money, and the money represented free will, prosperity, and a new beginning. Okay, really?!? Money to a graduate, if it does symbolize anything, symbolizes freedom, parties, alcohol. (Not saying I think that it's the right thing to do, but it's true.) So yes, this was my experience with symbolism.

The reason I am awake right now is to get ready for church, so I obviously wanted to share this because I'm taking time out of the 20 minutes I set aside for myself to get ready. And yes, this was extremely important for your well-being to know how my night was.


Maybe the apple symbolizes nothing. But the apple always symbolizes something. Oh wait, it symbolizes that Marian hasn't changed and she is untouched by the event! Wow, that's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment