Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So my reading on He's Just Not That Into You is going pretty well. Please note that this book isn't a "let's sit down and read a great work of literature" book. It's an actual relationship advice book, but I guess the red flag should have gone up when I had to go to the "self-improvement" section to find it. Nevertheless, it is still very interesting. I made it a few chapters into the book in about 20 minutes. Although this book is made for women in need of help, I think all men should read this too. Sure, the point is to get women to see things from a man's perspective, but shouldn't all men see it from a non-jerk point of view? Obviously if this guy is writing this book and putting his own gender down, then maybe they should be the ones also taking advice. I mean, that's just my opinion.

As I read the book, I laugh because some of these women are so blind! I begin to wonder if that's me too. In the Bible, it says to take the plank out of your eye before you point out the speck in someone else's. Have I taken my plank out? I don't know. I hope I'm not one of these women who constantly wait for a man to call, blame themselves if their husband/boyfriend cheats on them, put themselves out there all the time and for nothing. I say now that I'm not, but I if were put into a situation like that who would I be? Me? I don't think so. Probably someone else, someone very distant whom I've never met before. The lonely, needy, dependent woman I pray that I will NEVER be.

My goals for relationships and dating:
-Always be myself
-Never change for a guy
-Always ask myself if I'm pleasing God with my actions
-Be a monogamist--physically and mentally
-Never become desperate
-Don't wait around for a guy to call me, if he doesn't it means he doesn't want to
-Don't pine over ANY guy
-Wait for a guy who wants to spend time with me and doesn't feel like he has to
-Wait for the guy who will call me when he's thinking about me, instead of constantly texting
-Remain independent
-Take note that if a guy always makes me feel bad, then he really doesn't care about me
-Lastly, if he never acknowledges that he loves me, be it actions or words, he's not the one for me.
I have confidence that God will lead me to the right guy who meets this criteria.
I'm leaving it in His hands.

P.S. Some people have too many troubles than they need, as I've learned from a woman standing next to me, who shared with the whole coffee place how bad her day was, while loudly talking on the phone. Too funny....

Oh and I just found out that the guy who write my new favorite blog works at Cups! How crazy. It twas fate that brought him in front of me so I could tell him he inspired me to something this week, something that I knew was the right thing to do. I had been praying about it for a while, but then something in his blog just hit me and I realized the right choice and that it needed to be made. And I was able to share that with him.
God is so great!

I haven't been leaving a quote for thought lately, so here's some song lyrics for thought:
He is jealous for me, love like hurricane, I am a tree bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy. When all of sudden I am unaware of the afflictions eclipsed by glory. And I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me.

We are His portion, we are His prize. Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes. If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. And Heaven met Earth when he offered his best and my heart turns violently inside my chest. And I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment