Sunday, December 20, 2009

I had my first Christmas celebration of many last night with some of my family.
I got some nice gifts. You know, one or two movies, and when I say that I mean a few, haha. I think once you get to a certain age, people just buy you movies because they know everyone likes movies. And I am certainly not complaining. I own over 400 movies and I've watched all of them multiple times, but I miss the days when gifts were personal. A homemade card from your 10 year old cousin, a cute picture of you and your family......
But, the bright side being I had a great time seeing my family. My goodness! My cousins are so old now; it's crazy. There's a 10 year old girl, a 7 year old boy, a 3 year old boy, a 2 year old boy, and a girl that's due in 5 days. I remember when the oldest's mom was pregnant with her, now she's a little me. It seriously is like watching myself years ago. All the kids want to hang out with her becuase she's the oldest and she just seems like the coolest person in the world with her blonde hair and braces! (Exactly like me!) Now, I'm just the grown-up who gives cool gifts, haha. I guess that's a better reputation than I could have.
Anyway, tomorrow I finally get to go home. I'm such a homebody I feel like people are beginning to wonder if I like them or not. :/ YES, I do like you, NO, I don't want to stay at your house very long, I like my own. Sorry. Then, after spending Christmas Eve with my aunts, uncle, and mom, I'm going to my cousins house for Christmas Day--They live in Colbert, so it's not too far. Finally, after all of this, I get to go to my favorite place in the entire world--Nashville, Tennessee. Love, love, love staying at my family's house there. (This is the one place I could stay forever and not miss home too terrible much.)
Oh, in case you wanted to know exactly what I got, I'll tell you, because I know you're very interested.
Here it is:
-The Hangover (Very funny, but I wish they would cut back on the f-word, goodness.)
-Shawshank Redemption (All time favorite movie, even though it's incredibly dark.)
-Polar Express (So cute. Very Christmasy.)
-The Proposal (One of the best romantic comedies in my book, right behind Never Been Kissed.)
-The Outsiders (Classic. You can't get much better than this movie.)
-A beautiful necklace with a huge turquoise stone.
-Green converse (I was needing a new pair.)
-David Archuleta's Christmas CD (Haha, I was shocked. But he DOES have a wonderful voice.)
Well, this is all I have for now. I think I'll go enjoy a cupcake from Charleston that's been staring me down since yesterday. (I'll post a picture of it soon. Yes, I am such a dork that I took a picture of a gorgeous cupcake.)
Au revoir. :)
And Merry CHRISTmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment