Monday, March 30, 2009

I figured since I bashed Athens in the last post, I might write something redeeming.

It happens to be about a restaurant named The Grit.
The Grit is a vegetarian restaurant on Prince Avenue. This has recently become my favorite restaurant. If you're not a vegetarian and don't like tofu, seitan, etc., you'll still love it, I PROMISE you. While, yes, I am a vegetarian, so I'm kind of biased, every one who I take there, is a full on meat-eater, and they love it.

Some things I would recommend are:
Pita Pizza
Tofu Reuban Sandwich (I usually get a side of broccoli with peanut sauce)
Mondo Burrito
The Smelt
Pumpkin Curry Soup

(Everything there is so good, though. Try something new.)

Of course, I'll mention the desserts.
I've only had the vegan cakes there, because I love vegan food and it's hard to make, but the cakes are delicious.

My three favorite are:
The Grasshopper ("Chocolate" with Mint Icing)
Death By Chocolate (The Name is Obvious)
Lemon Poppyseed

Keep in mind, since they are vegan, they have no animal byproducts--eggs, milk...

Here is a map going to the Grit from the Classic Center.
Lastly, if you wanted to view a current menu from the Grit, check out:
www.thegrit.com


(If you can't read the map because it's too small, click on it and it will enlarge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment